Palmer Lake Historical Society
Serving the Tri-Lakes/Palmer Divide Since 1956
P.O. Box 662, Palmer Lake, CO 80133

 

Click here to download PLHS membership brochure
Click to view this PLHS brochure in pdf format

The Old Jail

The Old JailThe Old Jail was successfully moved on February 29, 2000, to its new location on a new concrete slab in the Southeast corner of the Valley Crescent parking lot.

We have completed restoration of the Jail exterior! Through the initial vision of Debbie Evans, the hard work of Sam DeFelice, and full funding provided by the Town of Palmer Lake, this project is essentially complete. Town Trustee for Parks & Recreation, Cindy Allen, is also noted for her unfailing support. We are indebted to them all.

Gazebo with jail in backgroundOnly the furnishing of the interior remains. Anyone willing to help out with this project should contact the Historical Society by e-mail at history@ci.palmer-lake.co.us.


The Old Jail in its new home

If you would like to learn more about Tri-Lakes history, the Palmer Lake Historical Society, or the Lucretia Vaile Museum, please e-mail us at PLHS@PalmerDivideHistory.org.